- You will need a pre-operative physical by your family physician within 30 days prior to your surgery.
- Don’t take Ibuprofen, Aleve, Aspirin or Aspirin-containing products two weeks prior to your surgery and for ten days after your surgery. You may take Tylenol.
- Discontinue all Hormones, Estrogen patches, Birth Control & Herbal Medication one week prior to surgery including Green Tea.
- Discontinue vitamin E supplements two weeks prior to surgery. Vitamin E supplements may contribute to bleeding during and after surgery.
- Please notify us if you develop an illness or cold within a week of your surgery.
- If you smoke, stop a minimum of four weeks prior to surgery and do not touch a cigarette for a full month post-op. Nicotine can impair and delay healing.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR SURGERY !!
Save $25 On Your Consultation!
THE DAY OF SURGERY
- You may brush and rinse your teeth, but DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING. NO COFFEE!!! Required medications may be taken with a small sip of water. Dr. Rocheford will tell you which medications you may take.
- Do not apply any moisturizer, lotions, or deodorant. Do not apply make-up.
- Do not use hairspray or hair products (mousse). These can cause a fire in the OR.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing. No pullover shirts – button fronts are best.
- Someone must drive you home and spend the first 24 hours with you
- Please make sure there is a significant other available for Dr. Rocheford to speak to immediately following your surgery.