Liposuction in Minneapolis-St. Paul
Liposuction, also called lipoplasty, can remove areas of fat resistant to diet and exercise. Typical locations include the lateral thighs, abdomen, inner thighs and “love handles” in men. Ideal candidates for liposuction in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN, are at their ideal body weight and have good skin tone. Liposuction is performed using the “tumescent” technique. Prior to suctioning, the area to be treated is infiltrated with fluid. This fluid contains medication to minimize blood loss and help with post-operative pain control. Dr. Rocheford does not use ultrasonic liposuction.
Save $25 On Your Consultation!
What more can I say, I love Dr Rocheford along with her amazing staff. I will and have recommend her to anyone looking for a procedure. I’m one month post op from a mommy makeover/ tummy tuck and breast augmentation and so far everything looks amazing! So thankful I chose to go here! It was my first and last choice after meeting with Dr Rocheford . THANK YOU!” Read More Stories
Cost of Liposuction:
This includes your surgical fee and all follow-up visits with Dr. Rocheford. This estimate also includes the facility fee and anesthesia costs. This is an estimate and may be different depending on your specific situation. It does not include the cost of your pre-operative physical, lab tests or medications. Dr. Rocheford does charge $100 for consultations, and that fee is deducted from the price of your surgery or in-office procedure.
DETAILS OF LIPOSUCTION:
- Surgery: Surgery is done under general anesthetic at an outpatient facility or hospital. The surgery takes 1 – 6 hours, depending on the number of areas to suction. It is outpatient for small to medium volume, overnight for large volume.
- Discomfort: Mild to Severe. Anticipate 2 – 14 days of pain medication.
- Bruising and Swelling: Peaks within 3 days and slowly resolves over 2 – 8 weeks.
- Bandages: Removed in 1 – 4 days.
- Stitches: Internal stitches dissolve.
- Support: Wear a compression garment continuously for 2 weeks and during the day for the next 4 weeks.
- Work: You may return to work in 5 – 14 days if you are finished taking prescription pain medication. Wait 2 – 3 weeks if your job requires heavy lifting.
- Exercise: May be resumed in 2 – 4 weeks. Exercise sooner will cause swelling and delay your final result.
- Final Result: After swelling subsides, usually 6 – 8 weeks. The duration of result is 7 – 10 years.
Liposuction in men is typically performed on the chest, abdomen, and flank (love handles). In women, the last 3 illustrations indicate the most common areas to treat. The incisions are less than one centimeter long and will be hidden in creases to minimize visibility. To help control your contour, you will wear a compression garment following surgery.
Let Dr. Rocheford Help You
Dr. Rocheford has compiled a list of frequently asked questions for her liposuction patients. She and her team are also available to discuss your personal concerns. Complementary procedures, like a tummy tuck, may help you better achieve your cosmetic goals. If you’re ready to discuss your Minneapolis-St. Paul liposuction options, now is a great time to schedule your liposuction surgery consultation with Dr. Heather Rocheford at our plastic surgery offices, serving the Twin Cities Metro area including St. Paul, Minneapolis, Woodbury and beyond. Simply request a consultation online or call Rocheford Plastic Surgery at 651-968-1294 today to schedule your appointment. Click for more FAQ’s Consultation Checklist