Breast Lift in Minneapolis-St. Paul
What is a Breast Lift?
Over time, our breasts experience changes in skin elasticity, causing drooping and loss of volume. These changes can result from an array of factors, including pregnancy, breastfeeding, fluctuations in weight, gravity, and hereditary reasons. The dark skin around the nipples, also known as the areolas, can also increase in size with age. A breast lift in Minneapolis-St. Paul can help to restore the youthful lift of your breasts as well as reduce areola size.
Cost of a Breast Lift
This includes your surgical fee and all follow-up visits with Dr. Rocheford. This estimate also includes the facility fee and anesthesia costs. This is an estimate and may be different depending on your specific situation. It does not include the cost of your pre-operative physical, lab tests or medications. Dr. Rocheford does charge $100 for consultations, and that fee is deducted from the price of your surgery or in-office procedure.
Save $25 On Your Consultation!
DETAILS OF BREAST LIFT SURGERY
- Surgery: Surgery is done under general anesthetic at an outpatient facility or hospital. The surgery takes between 1 – 3 hours and is an outpatient surgery, meaning the patient does not need to stay overnight.
- Discomfort: Mild to Moderate. Anticipate 2 – 7 days of pain medication.
- Bruising: Improves in 7 – 10 days.
- Swelling: Improves in 7 – 10 days.
- Bandages: Removed the day after surgery.
- Stitches: Internal stitches dissolve.
- Work: You may return to work in 3 – 7 days.
- Exercise: May be resumed in 2 weeks.
- Final Result: Following scar maturation, about 6 months. Results last 7 – 10 years
Who is a Good Candidate for a Breast Lift?
Patients who are healthy, non-smokers and are at a stable weight are often good candidates for breast lift surgery. Also, those who are bothered by sagging breasts and enlarged areolas can benefit from this procedure. It is important that patients understand that breast lift surgery is meant to lift the breasts, not increase the size of the breasts like breast augmentation.
“Working with Dr. Rocheford was the best experience I have had working with a doctor. She was personable and professional. I can’t say enough good things about her and her staff. They were all wonderful to work with! I couldn’t be happier with the results! I highly recommend Dr. Rocheford!” Read More Stories
The Breast Lift Procedure
Breast lift surgery is an outpatient procedure done under general anesthesia and takes between one and three hours to complete. Incisions will be made on the breasts to allow for repositioning of the breast tissue to improve the breast contour. There are three main breast lift incision options, which include:
- The Donut Lift- The donut lift requires an incision around the areola, and is often used for patients with a mild amount of ptosis (drooping).
- The Lollipop Lift- This incision is made around the areola and down to the breast crease. Patients with moderate droop can benefit from this option.
- The Anchor Lift- This option is used for patients with moderate to severe ptosis. An incision is made around the breast areola, down to the breast crease, and along the breast crease as well.
After the breast tissue is repositioned and excess skin is removed, incisions will be closed and bandages will be placed.
Breast Lift Recovery
Following breast lift surgery, patients may experience bruising and swelling, pain medication can help to control any discomfort. Any bandages can be removed the day after surgery, and internal stitches will dissolve with time. Most patients can return to work in three to seven days, and exercise in two weeks. Final results can often be seen after six months, with effects lasting seven to 10 years. Minneapolis-St. Paul breast lift patients are typically very happy with their results, but sometimes they will combine their procedure with breast augmentation to enhance the fullness of their breasts. If you are interested in a breast lift surgery in Minneapolis-St. Paul, contact us today at 651-968-1294 to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Rocheford. Click for more FAQ’s Consultation Checklist