Chin Augmentation in Minneapolis-St. Paul
What is Chin Augmentation?
Chin augmentation is done to reshape the chin to further define the shape of a person’s facial features. This procedure is often done in conjunction with rhinoplasty surgery to achieve optimal facial harmony.
Cost of Chin Augmentation
This includes your surgical fee and all follow-up visits with Dr. Rocheford. This estimate also includes the facility fee and anesthesia costs. This is an estimate and may be different depending on your specific situation. It does not include the cost of your pre-operative physical, lab tests, or medications. Dr. Rocheford does charge $100 for consultations, and that fee is deducted from the price of your surgery or in-office procedure.
Save $25 On Your Consultation!
Details of a Chin Augmentation:
- Surgery:Surgery is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia; time varies according to what procedures are being done.
- Discomfort:Mild to moderate; patients may experience more discomfort when chewing. Dr. Rocheford can prescribe pain medication to mitigate any pain.
- Bruising:Anticipate moderate bruising around the jawline.
- Swelling:Peaks at 3 days; improves in two to four weeks. You can use ice to reduce swelling; do not use frozen gel packs.
- Stitches:Sutures are dissolving. The incision will be covered with a steri-strip.
- Work:You can return to work when you are off pain medication: 5-7 days.
- Diet:a soft diet to minimize chewing for the first few days after surgery.
- Exercise:You an return to your normal exercise routine after four to six weeks of recovery.
- Final Result:Final results are visible after a few weeks. Swelling may make the jawline look more prominent the first week, but this will subside over time.
Who is a Good Candidate for Chin Augmentation?
Patients who feel that they have a weak chin that disrupts their facial harmony can often benefit from chin augmentation surgery. Patients should be in good health and have realistic expectations for the outcome of their procedure. A consultation with Dr. Rocheford can help to determine whether chin augmentation is a good match for you.
Dr. Rocheford is an outstanding plastic surgeon. Not only is her skill impeccable she is knowledgeable, personable, and realistic. Her facility and staff is outstanding. I would recommend her without reservation.”
Read More Stories
The Chin Augmentation Procedure
Chin augmentation is often done as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia. During this procedure, a chin implant is added to the jaw line. It is often performed in conjunction with other procedures such as neck liposuction and nose surgery.
Chin Augmentation Recovery
Following chin augmentation surgery, patients may experience mild bruising and swelling around the jawline. Most patients can return to work within a week of surgery and can return to exercising four to six weeks post op. It is advised that patients follow a soft diet to minimize chewing the first few days after surgery. Final results can often be seen after a few weeks.
A chin augmentation can be based on your specific cosmetic concerns and requirements. You must be examined to determine if you are a viable candidate for this procedure.
If you’re ready to discuss your chin augmentation options, now is a great time to schedule your consultation in Minneapolis-St. Paul with Dr. Heather Rocheford at our plastic surgery offices, serving the Twin Cities Metro area, including St. Paul, Minneapolis, Woodbury, and beyond. Simply request a consultation online or call Rocheford Plastic Surgery at 651-968-1294 to schedule your appointment.