Breast Augmentation in Minneapolis – St. Paul
Breast augmentation, or augmentation mammoplasty, is one of the most popular surgeries that Dr. Rocheford performs. Many women in Minneapolis-St. Paul considering breast implants have thought about it a great deal, and have a variety of reasons for choosing breast augmentation.
Concerns about breast fullness and shape, as well as asymmetry—differences in breast size—are among the most common reasons for people looking for breast augmentation surgery. Breast asymmetry can make it difficult to find a properly fitting bra, or contribute to low self-confidence or insecurity in certain clothing. In addition, changes following pregnancy, nursing, or weight loss can affect how breast augmentation patients perceive themselves and can impact their relationships. In some cases, breast augmentation is combined with a breast lift for optimal enhancement.
“Dr. Rocheford was very informative and calming throughout the whole process. My recovery was easy and the two follow up appointments were much appreciated. I would highly recommend Dr. Rocheford for breast augmentation!” Read More Stories
Cost of Breast Augmentation:
This includes your surgical fee and all follow-up visits with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Rocheford. This estimate also includes the facility fee and anesthesia costs. However, this pricing is an estimate and may be different depending on your specific situation. It does not include the cost of your pre-operative physical, lab tests, or medications. Dr. Rocheford does charge $100 for consultations, and that fee is deducted from the price of your surgery or in-office procedure.
There are several breast augmentation procedures that can be done through an inframammary, axillary, or areolar incision. The incision is three to five centimeters in length, depending on whether a silicone or saline implant is used. Breast implant placement can be either under or on top of the muscle based on your anatomy and preference. The incision is closed with dissolving sutures and will be hidden under the crease of your breast.
Save $25 On Your Consultation!
Breast Implant Surgery Details
- Surgery: Breast augmentation surgery is done under general anesthesia at an outpatient facility, and patients can go home the same day. A typical breast augmentation procedure takes about 1-1.5 hours.
- Discomfort: Mild to moderate. Anticipate three to five days of needing pain medication depending on whether your breast implants are placed above or below the muscle.
- Bruising: Generally there is none upon breast augmentation recovery. If any bruising is present immediately after the procedure, it will improve in seven to 10 days.
- Swelling: One to six weeks. Most of the swelling subsides after two weeks. Swelling is typically less severe if the implants are above the chest muscle. Being overactive will worsen swelling.
- Bandages: None. The incision is covered with a skin glue that wears off in a week.
- Stitches: Internal stitches will dissolve over time.
- Work: You may return to work in three to seven days if the breast implants are above the muscle or five to 10 days if they are below the muscle.
- Exercise: May be resumed in two to four weeks.
- Final Result: Seen after one to four months.
Let Dr. Rocheford Help You Achieve Your Aesthetic Goals
Dr. Rocheford wants to help you get the look and feel of your ideal breasts and will listen carefully to your concerns and priorities regarding breast implant surgery. Following their breast augmentations, Dr. Rocheford’s Minnesota and Wisconsin patients are thrilled with their beautifully proportionate figure and newfound fullness.
If you’re ready to discuss your breast enhancement surgery, now is a great time to schedule your breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Heather Rocheford at our plastic surgery offices, serving the Twin Cities Metro area including St. Paul, Minneapolis, Woodbury, and beyond. Simply request a consultation online or call Rocheford Plastic Surgery at 651-968-1294 today to schedule your appointment.
Breast Augmentation FAQ’s
What is Capsular Contracture?
How Often should Implants be Changed?
Will an Augmentation Lift the Breasts?
Which type of breast implant should you choose?
Should a breast implant be placed above or below the muscle?
What is the difference in where the incision is made to place a breast implant?
Which breast implant size is right for me?