Morpheus8 in Minneapolis-St. Paul
What is Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is an advanced form of microneedling that comes with the benefit of skin tightening through radiofrequency energy. It combines the principles of microneedling, which stimulates new collagen production through controlled wounding, with radiofrequency energy to contract existing collagen. The benefits are twofold, making it one of the best ways to tighten lax skin without surgery, downtime, or incisions.
What Can Morpheus8 Treat?
Morpheus8 is a highly versatile treatment. It’s an excellent option for the following skin concerns:
- Mild to moderate laxity
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dullness and texture
- Acne scars
Details of Morpheus8 Treatment
- Morpheus8 uses a topical anesthetic so you remain comfortable during treatment. Once you’re ready, the specialized handpiece is applied to the skin where micro-needles generate wounds in the skin and emit mono-polar radiofrequency energy. Once the area is treated, you can return home.
- There’s no downtime required after Morpheus8, although you should avoid exercising, sweating, and exposure to heat for 1-2 days after treatment. You may experience a sunburned appearance. Our team will make sure you understand which skincare products to use while your skin recovers.
- Certain areas can be more prone to bruising, but it’s otherwise minimal. You can take steps to prevent bruising by avoiding blood-thinning medications for at least one week before treatment.
- Most patients experience only minimal swelling which subsides quickly.
- You can expect some redness and sensitivity afterward, but it typically goes away within the day.
- Sun Exposure:
- It’s extremely important to wear SPF30+ after treatment since your skin will be photosensitive. Skipping sunscreen means a risk of hyperpigmentation as you recover.
- Final Result:
- Most patients require a package of 1-3 treatments with results emerging at 2-3 weeks after each session. You can return for yearly or bi-yearly touch-up treatments as needed in order to maintain your results.
Morpheus8 Treatment FAQs
Is the Morpheus8 treatment painful?
A topical anesthetic is used at the beginning of the procedure.
When will I see the final results of Morpheus8?
Results start to show up 2-3 weeks after your last treatment, although you need multiple sessions before you see your desired results.
Is any downtime needed with Morpheus8?
No. You can return back to work right after receiving treatment. You will want to stay away from strenuous exercise, sweating, or exposure to heat for the first 1-2 days after Morpheus8 treatment.
What areas can Morpheus8 treat?
Morpheus8 can treat the neck, face, chest, arms, legs, abdomen, and buttocks.
Should I avoid anything after Morpheus8 treatment?
You’ll want to avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds when possible, strenuous exercise and activity, and swimming for at least the first 24 hours after treatment.
What should I not do before Morpheus8 treatment?
Before Morpheus8 treatment, avoid skin irritants, laser treatments, smoking, alcohol and caffeine, and blood-thinning medication. Avoid all of these at least a few days before treatment.
Who is a good candidate for Morpheus8?
A good candidate for Morpheus8 treatment is typically someone in generally good health who is struggling with sagging or loose skin, stretch marks, acne scars, and/or fine lines and wrinkles.
Does Morpheus8 promote collagen production?
Absolutely! The radiofrequency energy and the microneedling used in Morpheus8 treatment both stimulate the production of collagen deep within the skin and in turn, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and tighten skin.