Ear Pinning in Minneapolis-St. Paul
What is Ear Pinning?
Ear pinning, also called otoplasty surgery, is done to improve the shape and positioning of the ear. Oftentimes children or adults with prominent ears opt for this surgery to move the ears closer to the head. This procedure can also correct defects in the ear’s structure that were present at birth or were caused by injury.
Cost of Ear Pinning
This includes your surgical fee and all follow-up visits with Dr. Rocheford. This estimate also includes the facility fee and anesthesia costs. This is an estimate and may be different depending on your specific situation. It does not include the cost of your pre-operative physical, lab tests or medications. Dr. Rocheford does charge $100 for consultations, and that fee is deducted from the price of your surgery or in-office procedure.
Save $25 On Your Consultation!
DETAILS OF EAR PINNING SURGERY:
- Surgery:Surgery is done under general anesthetic at an outpatient facility or hospital. The surgery takes 1 – 2 hours and is an outpatient surgery.
- Discomfort:Mild to moderate. Anticipate 2 – 7 days of pain medication.
- Swelling:Lasts 2 – 4 weeks. Minimize swelling by elevating head.
- Stitches:Removed in one week.
- Bandages:Removed in 1 – 2 days.
- Support:A headband is worn continuously for 1 week and for another week at night only.
- Work:You may feel capable of returning within 2 – 5 days, but your appearance be the limiting factor (headband).
- Presentation in Public:1 – 2 weeks – you may need make-up to conceal bruises.
- Exercise:May be resumed in 2 weeks. Avoid contact sports for one month.
- Final Result:Seen usually by 1 – 2 months. The results are permanent.
Who is a Good Candidate for Ear Pinning
Both children and adults can be candidates for ear pinning surgery. Children generally need to be of five years of age to undergo this procedure, or when their ear cartilage is stable enough for surgery. Adults who are healthy, non-smokers with a positive outlook on surgery are ideal candidates.
Dr. Rocheford is amazing!! She and her staff make you feel very comfortable. I never had to wait for appointments everything in her office runs so smoothly. I am so happy with the results of my surgery.”
Read More Stories
The Ear Pinning Procedure
Ear pinning surgery is an outpatient procedure done under general anesthesia. Incisions are commonly made on the backside of the ear, where they are easy to hide. However, if incisions are needed on the front side of the ear, they are made within the natural ear folds so that they are hidden. Permanent internal sutures are used to anchor the cartilage into its new position.
Ear Pinning Recovery
Following surgery, patients may experience mild to moderate swelling and discomfort, though this can be controlled with pain medication. Any stitches and bandaging will be removed within a week of surgery. Patients can return to work within two to five days and can resume light exercise within two weeks. After two months your final results should be seen.
If you’re ready to discuss your options for improving the appearance of your ears, now is a great time to schedule your Ear Pinning or Otoplasty surgery consultation with Dr. Heather Rocheford at our plastic surgery offices, serving the Twin Cities Metro area including St. Paul, Minneapolis, Woodbury and beyond. Simply request a consultation online or call Rocheford Plastic Surgery at 651-968-1294 today to schedule your appointment.