How Do I Prepare For Plasma Pen Treatment?
Have you heard about Plasma Pen treatment? You have probably heard of Plasma Pen treatment and marveled at the amazing benefits it gives to the skin. Let’s take a look at how you can best prepare for the treatment and what you can do post-treatment to ensure the best results.
What are Plasma Pen Treatments?
Plasma Pen treatment is a non-surgical procedure done using a plasma pen device to provide various benefits to the skin, including skin tightening, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, and diminishing the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks
So, how does Plasma Pen work? The plasma pen converts electricity into diatomic nitrogen, which acts as an abrasive to the epidermal layer of the treatment area. The deeper skin layers are also heated in this process, resulting in micro crusting, which appears as dots on the skin’s surface. As you heal, the dots fall off naturally. This ensures that the dead skin is shed off in favor of new skin, which is more radiant and tighter.
How Should I Prepare for a Plasma Pen Treatment?
Some of the things you should do to ready yourself for plasma pen treatment are;
- Use sunscreen with SPF 40 or more for darker skin tones for four to two weeks prior to the treatment.
- Boost your immunity by taking at least 2000 mg of the recommended Vitamin C supplement.
- Also, take 25 mg of oral Zinc Oxide.
- Do not have other skin treatments such as chemical peels, Botox, fillers, and micro-needling on the target area. These should be avoided for at least thirty days before plasma pen fibroblasting.
- Start using the products given by the provider, especially the Tyrosinase inhibitor.
- Do not schedule any facial surgery 9 months before plasma pen treatment.
- Avoid all forms of tanning, including sun, spray, and tanning beds, for four weeks before the treatment.
- Discontinue the use of facial acids, including salicylic, Retin A, and glycolic, 14 days before your appointment.
Plasma Pen Treatment Post-Care Tips
Following the after-treatment instructions to the letter is crucial for recovery and maintaining the results. You are required to;
- Refrain from taking anti-inflammatory medications like aspirin for one week post-treatment
- The skin is already inflamed after the treatment, so all forms of workouts should be avoided. This is because the heat and excessive sweat can further exacerbate the inflammation.
- Keep the treatment area completely dry. You can cleanse your face 24 hours after treatment as instructed.
- Allow the micro crusts to fall off naturally, and do not pick at them
- Do not wear make-up before all the scabs have fallen off.
- Always wear sunscreen, whether indoors or outdoors, and avoid direct sun exposure.
- You should only shave, wax, or wear contacts or lenses once you are given the go-ahead.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
When you want your plasma pen treatment done by a qualified professional, Dr. Heather Rocheford at Rocheford Plastic Surgery will get the job done. You can use their online form torequest a consultation.