A Guide to Choosing the Right Breast Implant
Breast implant surgery is a big deal. It is a major decision impacting you physically, emotionally, and economically. Every type of plastic surgery, including breast augmentation and tummy tucks, should be thoroughly researched and planned. When you have decided to move forward with your breast augmentation, consider this advice for selecting the right breast implant.
- Do Your Homework: Conduct plenty of research about your plastic surgery. Find a good plastic surgeon and know what you want. Find plenty of pictures to show your surgeon, so he or she knows what you want. This is very important when determining size. You don’t want to go too big or too small.
- Saline or Silicone? Breast implants can either be saline or silicone. Saline implants may feel like water balloons and may leak. Silicone implants feel more natural, but require magnetic resonance imagining exams every three years to check for leaks.
- Consider You: Every woman has a different body. Consider your chest, the width of your breasts, and the distance between them. Also remember you need skin laxity or looseness to fit around your breast implant. This will affect the size of the implant.
- Talk to Your Plastic Surgeon: Discuss your body, your hopes, and dreams about your breast augmentation with your surgeon. He or she can give you advice and recommend the type of implant and size adjustment.
- Rice Test: Conduct a rice test to see what size breast implant you want. Fill a knee-high stocking with rice based on cubic centimeters. Breast size is not measured in bra sizes but cubic centimeters. Placing the rice stocking in your bra will give you an idea of what the completed plastic surgery will look like.
Now that you know what you need to consider for your breast augmentation, make sure you have the right plastic surgeon. Contact Rocheford Plastic Surgery for all your plastic surgery needs, including breast augmentation, tummy tucks, and eyelid lifts. Dr. Heather Rocheford is an acclaimed plastic surgeon that has helped many patients get the body they dream of.