How to Prepare for Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is a big commitment. Whether you’re getting a breast augmentation, tummy tuck, or eyelid lift, you must be fully prepared to make sure your procedure is successful . Consider the following advice for preparing for any kind of plastic surgery.
- Know What to Expect: One of the most important preparation steps is to know what to expect . Know how long the surgery will be, what the recovery period will entail, and restrictions that come with surgery.
- Medications: Talk to your plastic surgeon about medicines you should or shouldn’t take before the surgery. She will also be able to advise you about medication after your surgery. Get your prescriptions filled prior to surgery. It is best to have your pain medicine readily available!
- Have a Ride: You will not be able to drive home after your plastic surgery, whether it is a breast augmentation, tummy tuck, or eyelid lift. Make sure you have someone to drive you home after your surgery.
- Get Items for After Surgery Ready: It will be much easier to have your grocery shopping and post-surgery materials ready. Remember to buy ice packs to reduce swelling, moisturizers, scar-reducing creams, anti-bacterial soap, and wound dressings.
- Wear Comfortable Clothes: Select clothes that are loose fitting and comfortable clothing for the day of surgery and for your recovery period. You don’t want any clothes that press against the surgery area.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking increases plastic surgery patients’ risk of complications and recovery time. Quit smoking at least two weeks before surgery to make sure your surgery is safe and you recover quickly.
Now that you know how to prepare for your surgery, it is time to schedule your plastic surgery procedure. Consult one of the best plastic surgery centers, Rocheford Plastic Surgery. Whether you are looking for a breast augmentation, face-lift, fillers, or a tummy tuck, Dr. Heather Rocheford has the training and experience to help you achieve your desired results. She will work with you to develop a plan specific to your needs. Come see us—we can help you get the body you want!