Eyelid Surgery in Minneapolis-St. Paul
What is Eyelid Surgery?
Drooping eyelids can cause you to look tired or even cause functional problems. Eyelid surgery, also known as a blepharoplasty, can help to treat loose and sagging skin on the upper eyelids, fatty deposits that can cause eyelid puffiness, and bags under the eyes for a more youthful appearance.
Cost of Eyelid Surgery
This includes your surgical fee and all follow-up visits with Dr. Rocheford. This estimate also includes the facility fee and anesthesia costs. This is an estimate and may be different depending on your specific situation. It does not include the cost of your pre-operative physical, lab tests or medications. Dr. Rocheford does charge $100 for consultations, and that fee is deducted from the price of your surgery or in-office procedure.
Save $25 On Your Consultation!
DETAILS OF EYELID SURGERY:
- Surgery:Surgery is done under local sedation or general anesthetic at a surgery center. The surgery takes 1 – 2 hours and is an outpatient surgery.
- Discomfort:Mild. Anticipate 0 – 3 days of pain medication.
- Bruising and Swelling:Improves within 1 – 2 weeks. Can last up to 4 weeks. Minimize with constant head elevation and frequent ice application.
- Stitches:Sutures will be removed at one week.
- Contact Lenses:May be worn in one week. Glasses may be worn immediately.
- Make-up:May be worn in 1 week.
- Presentation in Public:3 days to 2 weeks with the help of make-up.
- Work:You may feel capable of returning within 1 – 3 days, but your appearance will be the limiting factor.
- Exercise:May be resumed in 2 weeks.
- Sun Protection:Six months with SPF 15 or higher.
- Final Result:Seen in 2 – 6 weeks. The results are usually permanent.
Who is a Good Candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
Good eyelid surgery candidates are healthy, non-smokers who do not have a serious eye condition. It is important to remember that drooping lids may also be caused by relaxed skin on forehead and eyebrows. A consultation with Dr. Rocheford can help to determine whether eyelid surgery can help to remedy your drooping eyelids.
Dr. Rocheford is amazing!! She and her staff make you feel very comfortable. I never had to wait for appointments everything in her office runs so smoothly. I am so happy with the results of my surgery.”
Read More Stories
Eyelid surgery incisions are created so that any scars will be hidden within the natural eye creases. Upper eyelid surgery involves an incision along the eyelid crease for the removal and repositioning of fat, tightening muscles, and removing extra skin. During lower eyelid surgery, an incision will be made below the lower lash line. Incisions will be closed with a stitch that will be removed about one week later.
Aging of the eyelids results in a tired, droopy appearance. Upper eyelid surgery is performed through an incision in the crease of the upper eyelid. Lower eyelid surgery is done through an incision just below the lashes. A small amount of skin, muscle, and fat are removed. The incisions are closed with a stitch that is removed one week later. The incisions are barely visible following healing.
Eyelid Surgery Recovery
Eyelid Surgery is an outpatient procedure that takes about one to two ours. Following surgery, patients will experience bruising and swelling, which can be controlled with elevation and ice. Glasses can be worn immediately following surgery, can contacts can be worn after a week. Patients can return to work within one to three days, or when they feel comfortable with their appearance. Exercise can take place after two weeks. Final results are seen in two to six weeks post-op and are permanent.
If you’re ready to discuss your options for improving the appearance of your eyelids, now is a great time to schedule your eyelid surgery consultation with Dr. Heather Rocheford at our plastic surgery offices, serving the Twin Cities Metro area including St. Paul, Minneapolis, Woodbury and beyond. Simply request a consultation online, or call Rocheford Plastic Surgery at 651-968-1294 today to schedule your appointment.