Thigh Lift in Minneapolis-St. Paul
What is a Thigh Lift?
The thighs are often a difficult place to lose excess fat. Patients who have undergone significant weight loss are often left with excess areas of skin on their lower body, and it is often difficult to remedy this issue with exercise alone. A thigh lift can help to reduce excess skin on the thighs for a smoother, more proportionate lower body contour.
Cost of a Thigh Lift
This includes your surgical fee and all follow-up visits with Dr. Rocheford. This estimate also includes the facility fee and anesthesia costs. This is an estimate and may be different depending on your specific situation. It does not include the cost of your pre-operative physical, lab tests or medications. Dr. Rocheford does charge $100 for consultations, and that fee is deducted from the price of your surgery or in-office procedure.
Save $25 On Your Consultation!
DETAILS OF THIGH LIFT SURGERY
- Surgery:Surgery is done under general anesthetic at an outpatient facility or hospital. The surgery takes 4 hours and is an outpatient or overnight surgery.
- Discomfort:Moderate to severe. Anticipate 3 – 14 days of pain medication.
- Bruising:Does not usually occur unless liposuction was performed as well.
- Swelling:Improves in 2 – 4 weeks. Don’t be alarmed by swelling in your ankles or feet. Keep your legs elevated to minimize swelling.
- Bandages:Removed 2 – 4 days following surgery.
- Stitches:Internal stitches dissolve.
- Drains:Not usually placed. If placed, will be removed within 2 – 7 days.
- Work:You may return to work when you are done taking prescription pain pills. This is usually in 1 – 2 weeks.
- Sun Exposure:Protect from the sun with sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher for one year.
- ExerciseMay be resumed in 2 weeks gently (walking). Weights and more vigorous exercise, 4 – 6 weeks.
- Final Result:Following scar maturation, about 1 year.
Who is a Good Candidate for a Thigh Lift?
Thigh lift candidates include patients who have an excess of skin and tissue along their inner and outer thigh regions. Patients should be non-smokers at a stable weight and with realistic expectations for their procedure outcomes. A consultation with Dr. Rocheford can help to determine whether this surgery is a good fit for you.
Dr. Rocheford is amazing!! She and her staff make you feel very comfortable. I never had to wait for appointments everything in her office runs so smoothly. I am so happy with the results of my surgery.”
Read More Stories
The Thigh Lift Procedure
A thigh lift procedure is done under general anesthesia and often takes about four hours to complete. The incision patterns used during a thigh lift will depend on the extent of work that needs to be done. Commonly, an incision is placed in the groin area and down towards the back of the thigh. Underlying tissues will be tightened and excess skin will be removed. The incision patterns used during your procedure will be discussed during your consultation with Dr. Rocheford.
A thigh lift treats the loose skin of the upper thigh. Depending on the degree of laxity, a shorter or longer incision is necessary. If there is laxity all the way to the knee, an incision from the groin to the knee will be required to get the best result.
Thigh Lift Recovery
Following thigh lift surgery, patients may experience swelling and mild bruising. Any discomfort can be controlled with pain medication which should be taken three to 14 days following surgery. Most patients can return to their job after one to two weeks. Exercise may be resumed after two to six weeks.
If you’re ready to discuss your options for better-looking thighs, now is a great time to schedule your thigh lift surgery consultation with Dr. Heather Rocheford at our plastic surgery offices, serving the Twin Cities Metro area including St. Paul, Minneapolis, Woodbury and beyond. Simply request a consultation online or call Rocheford Plastic Surgery at 651-968-1294 today to schedule your appointment.